802.16 Recirculation Ballot #3a
IEEE 802.16 Recirculation Ballot #3a closed on 15 June. The voting results are in the Recirc #3a Voting Report (HTML or PDF). The comments are in the Recirc #3a Comment Report (use "Import Full Records" script in Commentary).
Recirculation Ballot #3a
Document under review: IEEE 802.16/D3-2001 (private)
Comment resolution database under review: IEEE 802.16-01/19r2
Motion: To approve IEEE 802.16/D3-2001 and forward it for Sponsor Ballot
Ballot opening date: 25 May 2001
Ballot closing date: 15 June 2001 (local time anywhere on Earth)
Notes and instructions:
- 802 rules specify that "the decision to submit a draft standard or a revised standard to the Sponsor Ballot Group must be ratified by a letter ballot."
- Participation in this recirculation ballot is NOT required by IEEE 802.16 and will NOT affect your membership status.
- The Balloting Group for this Recirculation is the same as that of the original Letter Ballot #3. New 802.16 Members (and others) are welcome to participate by submitting a "comments only" ballot. The Ballot Group is listed in the Letter Ballot #3 Report.
- If you have no comment to make on the proposed resolutions and if their approval would not alter your vote in 802.16 Letter Ballot #3, then you need not cast a ballot. In this case, your previous vote will stand. The previously-mentioned list includes each individual vote.
- If you wish to comment on the proposed resolutions or if their approval would alter your vote in Letter Ballot #3, then please cast a ballot. If you voted "Disapprove" on Letter Ballot #3, then your vote is critical to the progress of the Draft and we strongly encourage you to submit a ballot. Comments that don't follow strictly from the previous resolutions are welcome but may not be used as the basis of a "Disapprove" vote.
- To use the comment database, you need to import it (using the script "Import Full Records") into the standalone comment database application Commentary 1.1, available for Windows and MacOS.
The database file has been updated from "r1" to "r2"; the new version is in the format required for Commentary 1.1.
- Commentary 1.1 also serves as the Balloting Tool for this ballot. Its use is self-explanatory. It is the only allowed method of ballot submission, with an exception: if you wish to vote "Approve with no comments", you may email your vote to the Chair using the subject "Recirculation Ballot #3a" with your vote in the message body.
Notes for using Commentary:
- If you open the comment database before you prepare your ballot, please make sure that you don't submit these old records along with your new ballot. One way to do this is to delete the old records before you begin entering new ones. Another way is to start with a fresh copy of Commentary.
- Commentary automatically and continuously saves all changes. You should use "Save a Copy" periodically to protect your work.
- Please take note of the IEEE 802.16 Patent Policy. Note that "anyone, whether participating in IEEE 802.16 or not, should notify the Chair of any patents (granted or under application, and regardless of the assignee or the patent nationality) that may cover technology that is under consideration by or has been approved by IEEE 802.16."
- Ballot results will be posted to the 802.16 Web Site.
To Letter Ballot #3